Saturday, July 2, 2011

Review: Shawill Loose Powder

Hello there!

I hope everyone is safe after Typhoon Falcon ravaged our lovely archipelago for four days. I myself was not able to go home for that period of time. Although the subdivision where I live never gets flooded, the roads that I have to go through have always been infamous of being easily flooded during the monsoon season.

I understand it has been a long time since this blog was updated. A lot of things had happened over the summer, you see.

The shop had undergone through a renovation. Hence, I was unable to go online with all that bedlam.

Work-wise, I was assigned to a different level of business. I am already a part of the correspondence team.

Anyway, now that we've got the niceties aside. I will review Shawill Loose Powder to get things started.

To be honest, I was not really shopping for a face powder at the time since my intention was merely to get a concealer, specifically Nichido's, along with toiletries (I was supposed to spend the night in my unit, but no way in hell am I going to get stranded without toothpaste and body wash in my bathroom!)



I saw Shawill's booth at Watson's. What initially got my attention was their lipglosses. I'd have to say that Shawill's price range is definitely very affordable. Some eyeshadows are even less than a hundred pesos. But as I was pressed for time (was on my lunch break and every minute counts), I got the loose powder for only Php158.00

I asked the SA if it's another one of those China-made products. She told me that the materials are from Italy, however the product itself was assembled in China.

Eh?

again.



What made me purchase this product was the small mirror included with the packaging itself. Now, I do enjoy using loose powder but the inconvenience of having to bring an extra mirror is what ticks me off.

Now, I'd have to say that the oil-control is not really that impressive. I have combination skin, although the heavy airconditioning in the office does play a small part in keeping the oilies at bay. I'd have to say Shawill Loose Powder's oil control is about 3 out of 5 stars.

The sponge could have been a little bit bigger. Every time I apply this powder, it feels like I am using a cotton pad!

To sum things up, I think once I've fully consumed this product, I will never buy another one.




Hello Chinglish!