Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hello 2013!


Hello there! Happy new year! OK guys, show of hands. Do you still have a complete set of digits? I hope everyone had a safe new year. I had to be at work at 2am *grumble grumble*

Had some great finds on the last few weeks of 2012 and during the first weeks of January 2013. Can't wait to share them all. As much as possible, I'd do a product review at least every week. That's a resolution I'll certainly exert an effort to uphold.
 


Say hello to Slash, Billy Joe and Gigan. These plushies are part of the Beanie Baby collection I've had since college. Slash is the grey Husky, Billy Joe is the Rottweiler (named him after Green Day's vocalist) and Gigan is the St Bernard. If you noticed the first two were named after rockstars. Two of my favorite heh. Gigan was named after my boyfriend's St Bernard.  They will be helping me with presenting my finds for the past few weeks.

Cheapass Find #1: Glam Works Hand Sanitizers & Body Mists



My most recent find thanks to the savvy ladies of Femalenetwork. The ones in the pink and purple holders are hand sanitizers. The pink one is Pink Lemonade and the purple is Wild Berry. The three in the middle however, are colognes.

Angel Wings (blue holder) smells like Nenuco. To those unaware, Nenuco is one of the Spanish baby colognes that were all the rage in exclusive Catholic schools in the 90s. YES KIDS, I'M THAT OLD.

Pink Lace (pink holder) smells girly. It has this delicate flowery smell that is not at all overpowering.

Cucumber Melon (light green holder) smells just like Bath & Body Works' Cucumber Melon body spray.

Each bottle costs Php49 at Watson's. My mom ended up getting the Cucumber Melon body mist and the Wild Berry hand sanitizer. 

Cheapass Find #2: ELF's Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
I wasn't really a blush kind of girl, am seriously just happy with my concealer, face powder and lipstick/gloss combo. Most of the time I found applying blush to be quite tedious. One day, I just got bored and decided to buy ELF's Contouring Blush & Bronzing powder because... why not?

First of all, can I just say I LOVE the big mirror! I use it more often compared to my face powder's mirror HAHAH. Using ELF's Total Face Brush (not shown in picture) to apply it to the apples of my cheeks.

I must say that for its' price, it got a lot of mileage especially during the holiday season when the boyfriend and I had a lot of dinners/parties that we had to go to.

ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder is about Php249.99. Available at Watson's and other deparment stores. 





Cheapass Find #3: Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk in OR 208

Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk costs Php478. Available at Etude House.





Product reviews to come later. Promise.

Feel free to leave a comment. Until then, stay fabuleux.