Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"Post Trauma" Shopping


Before anything else, I'd just like to share what happened to the boyfriend and I last Saturday night. Yes, we were in SM Megamall at the time that the shooting happened. Yes, it was scary and I seriously do not want to feel that way again.

Jiro and I were having dinner at Gotti's. We were just trying to have a relaxing dinner since it is the only time of the week that we get to see each other. If you're not familiar with the area, Gotti's is located in one of the newer parts of SM Megamall - The Atrium. From where we were seated, we had a clear view of the escalator going to the upper levels of The Atrium and of the mall's main corridors. Suddenly, there was literally a wave of humanity all running for the nearest restaurant. The first thing I thought was there was some celebrity in the area, but there was something wrong. One of the first people who were able to get into the restaurant said that someone had fired a gun in one of the floors and the guards gave chase.

I will never get tired of saying this, Gotti's quick-thinking store manager asked everyone to stay calm and move into the restaurant kitchen. Afterwards, he asked the staff to lock the establishment's doors. I really commend him for that. We stayed in the kitchen for about 30 minutes, at that time I texted two people: my mom and my best friend, informing them of what happened, where we were exactly in the mall and asked them to check the news about what's happening.

When things seemed to settle down, we went back to our tables, the other people who sought refuge in the store didn't leave - which was OK. There were two babies included with them as well. At the time, I got a text from my mom saying that there had been a robbery in the Building B's department store - one of the jewelry stands. My best friend confirmed this saying that the suspects were believed to be members of the Martilyo (hammer) gang. A few minutes later, another stampede occured. This time all the males in the establishment stayed in the doorway and it was mostly women who were inside the kitchen along with the staff. 15 minutes later, the restaurant manager went to the kitchen and informed us that the mall was on lockdown. When there was a go signal saying that it was safe to venture out in the mall's hallways, we billed out and left the premises via Megamall Building A. Of course, when I noticed Bench was open, I immediately made a beeline for it. HAH!

Anyway, onto this weekend's finds:









Beabi Orange Bag Organizer - Php345

I've been meaning to purchase a bag organizer for the longest time since I am quite fond of using medium to large size bags. Anyone can attest that these bags can literally turn into a blackhole and makes it hard for you to look for things. Case in point, the most important ones like your wallet and cellphone.

I decided on this medium sized one and figured I'd go get it in orange so it'll easy to spot. What I like about this is that it has many pockets which I can use for my lip products (I just carry the Etude House lippie and a Lip Smackers lip balm), medication (Vicks and Katinko). The back part has a zipper as well.


Anyway, here are some stuff from Bench.








Bench antibacterial wipes - Php55 each
Bench Purple Kris Aquino EDT - Php198 Mom ended up getting this one from me. Which is OK. I'm sort of lemming on the Anne Curtis one which smells like chocolate.
Bench Kiwi Body Wash - Php129