Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lunar New Year Weekend Finds: La Senza, Skin Food, Watsons & Sesou


Kiong Hee Huat Tsai! 

Just sharing some finds during Lunar New Year weekend. 

This weekend had been quite busy. After my Friday shift (which in actuality is on a Saturday), I went to get a haircut and haircolor since I was supposed to meet up with friends afterwards. 

After a sumptuous dinner at Amici SM Megamall (nope, no stampede this time around), my BFF and I went to La Senza's clearance sale. We were able to get 7 pairs of panties for only Php1295, when they are originally priced at Php495 each. 

Also got a good deal on hand sanitizers which was on sale for only Php120 at Watson's. I've been looking for a bigger bottle of hand sanitizer so I can just refill the small one I purchased a few weeks ago. 




Yes yes, I know I forgot to pack up one of the Christmas decors in my unit. Sorry, Santa. :D

Here are some Skin Food goodies that our dearest friend Ryan got us on his last trip to Seoul. Skin Food's Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake and Agave Cactus Sun Pact. Will post reviews on these soon in order to make sure this blog gets updated regularly.




Official receipt from Skin Food Seoul

 The lady on the left is my pretty BFF - Jacq. The kid between us is her niece Yunabelle - who we consider as our apprentice. The heartless bitches will live on! 

Sunday afternoon, went out for lunch with the boyfriend at Robinson's Galleria. Finally checked out Sesou (which I discovered through Femalenetwork) I would just breeze by their stall every time I'm in that particular mall. Who would've thought that there are a lot of great finds here as well?!

I've dabbed on the relief balm a couple of times due to a minor headache and a mosquito bite. First of all, I like the scent. According to the label, it's ingredients are eucalyptus, lemongrass and ginger. That in itself is a relief.

Milea Pain & Itch Relief Balm (Php125) and Organic Citronella (Php115)


So, I got to play around with the eyebrow kit the following day. To be honest, it was the first time I tried using anything on my eyebrows. I usually just tweeze any stray hairs to keep them groomed. But Jeremy Renner's advise to women made me try out something new in my daily makeup routine. Which is to frame the eyebrows. Hence, I asked for the Skin Food Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake.    

So, I guess using a light hand is the best way to go. I still need to learn how to blend it properly, IMHO.



My "drug stash", I've recently had another asthma attack which caused me to miss work for a couple of days (thank god for sick leaves and medical insurance). Usually, my asthma is accompanied by coughing episodes which can be real annoying. Thank goodness for OTC meds like Ascof and Strepsils Max Blackcurrant.