Thursday, April 18, 2013

DIY - Beach Terrarium


Summer was never really my favorite time of the year. The heat, the icky feeling that won't go away, I could go on and on. This year, as one of my resolutions I told myself that I'll do something creative, at least one.

I've always wanted to have one like this as far back as my internship days in St Mary's College. One of the guidance counselors had something like this on her desk.

It's very easy, really. Obviously I don't have a creative bone in my body, so this is the best that I could do.

My beach terrarium won't have any plant in it. This cost about Php350. All you need are:
A fishbowl, this one costs Php249.75




Sand, they're available in different colors so I opted for the regular one since, duh, it's a beach terrarium. One container costs Php49.75. 




Stones, again a whole myriad of colors to choose from. But I stuck to the regular colored, small ones. A pack is Php29.75




Seashells, these were just lying around the house for how many years now. 



Old newspaper. 




So the first thing you do is line the area with the newspaper, just one sheet would do. 


Pour sand (obviously someone needs another manicure) into the bowl. A single container of sand can fill up about 1/4 of the bottom. 




Randomly place the stones and seashells in the area. Et voila. 






Here it is on my side table.



2 comments:

Tan tan May 22, 2013 at 7:38 PM  

I liked it! cool. :)

the budget fashion seeker May 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM  

hi christine!this is a good idea. thanks for sharing :)