Tuesday, August 27, 2013

OOTD: Polka Dots & Beribboned Flip Flops for The Phantom

Over the weekend, the boyfriend and I along with friends decided to go watch a screening of The Phantom of The Opera at the Shangri-La. And this was the silent film version. But what gave this a twist is that the musical score was performed by Razorback.

Yes, kids. THE Razorback. One of the bands that made the 90s local music scene awesome.

Boyfriend and I with Manuel Legarda and Tirso Ripoll. So surreal.


With drummer Brian Velasco super keeleeeeeg fangirl moment itey mga teh!


It was a great experience. I never thought I'd enjoy watching a silent film since I usually chalked it up as something that appealed to a certain group of people (which I referred to as the hoity-toity, artsy-fartsy kind). I guess the soundtrack made all the difference.

So, anyway. Here's my OOTD. Yes, yes. I DO look like an adult version of a Cabbage Patch Kid. :D



Polka dot dress - Forever21
Grey cardigan - Forever 21
Flip flops - Saizen
Purse - Kipling

Oh and here's my NOTD. Nail polish is from Forever21. Since, well, I do have a fixation for blue nail color.



Nail polish from Forever21 - Php180

Here's a closer look at my flip flops. So girly, yes?

Flip flops from Saizen - Php85

6 comments:

Kittykat Miyaw August 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM  

The flipflops, so cute! Blue polish is love!

http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com/

Christine Simpao August 29, 2013 at 2:49 AM  

Hi Abi,

Thanks! It was a good decision to snap it up when I saw it in F21. Because it was already OOS the week after. :D

xoxo,
Tin

lornadahl September 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM  

Ohmigosh! I'm so envious! I missed this year's Silent Film Fest and THAT Kodak moment with THE Razorback! Gusto kong saktan ang sarili ko. Ack!

Love the dress! I've always been a polka dot fan.

Carmis Caprice October 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM  

Love love the girly flip flops :-)
Followed you through GFC
please follow mine too! :-)

http://carmiscaprice.blogspot.com

Christine Simpao October 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM  

Hi Carmis,

Thank you for the comment :). Thanks for dropping by. Followed you back.

xoxo,
Christine