Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The 90s Are Back

Whilst I'm writing this, can I just say I'm sporting the hugest grin in weeks?

The fashion gods (aka Teen Vogue and British Vogue) have spoken: the 90s are back this fall.

 


Growing up in the 90s where everything seemed so simple. All you had to worry was about school, and if your schoolbus crush who goes to the neighboring all-boys school likes you too. HAHA! This was what I like to refer to as my formative years in the development of my taste in music. As a 6th grader, I listened to Nirvana, Pearl Jam and eventually progressed to Smashing Pumpkins once I hit high school. By the time I hit my junior year in high school, I turned into a full-blown Hanson fangirl. HAH!


Back then, we didn't have iPhones, tablets or what-have-you gadgets. Cinderella was our Forever21 and finding cute clothes for plus-sized girls was HARD, sister.  Back then the designs were soooooo matronly. So I guess it's safe to say I have quite a bone to pick with that decade. The 90s were the ultimate make it work moment for me. Going through adolescence as a hefty girl was not easy.

I am so happy about this trend because this time around, there are clothes that are accessible to girls my size. I guess even at 30, I could still pull it off, yes?

Here are some looks taken from Teen Vogue and British Vogue September 2013 issues.