Saturday, January 11, 2014

Here Comes A New Challenger! (BBW + ZA & Wonder Woman Lipsticks)

OK, show of hands. How many fingers have you got left? I hope everyone had a fun and safe new year. Got lucky to select getting New Year's Eve and Jan 1 off at work, I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest. My family had always celebrated New Year more compared to Christmas since it is a Thanksgiving for the past year.

Besides, who else would comfort my doggies from the fireworks?

During the holidays, I got some Bath & Body fragrances - Sea Island Cotton from the boyfriend and Sweet Pea from the secret santa in our group of friends.



I have yet to roadtest Sweet Pea. I find it too girly, yes, even for me. HAH.

By the way, here are a couple of lippies that are currently on heavy rotation on a daily basis in my makeup arsenal. ZA (yep, remember this brand back in the 90's? well, it's back) Pure Shine Lips in Lady Red and from Bench Painbox's Wonder Woman line - Fierce.





If you're familiar with the old ZA packaging, well it's no longer the turquoise blue of the 90s.

For a shade that says Lady Red, it's actuall very sheer. It glides smoothly and looks like you're wearing lipgloss - without the stickiness. And it didn't make my lips go dry.

Price: Php279 (it was on sale at Watson's)

Moving on to Bench Paintbox Wonder Woman lipstick in Fierce. I have to say this is a MLBB shade. Just the right shade to wear in the daytime and avoid looking ghastly pale under the office's flourescent lights if I may say so. Goes on smoothly and non-drying.

Sadly, putting this lipstick on does not transform you into Wonder Woman.






Price: Php299




4 comments:

MigsandAlaine Alejandrino January 11, 2014 at 11:31 PM  

I am currently using sea island cotton! It's my favorite! Happy New Year!

Christine Simpao January 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM  

@MigsandAlaine Alejandrino

Apir! It smells so nice and bagong ligo, right? Happy New Year too!

Nathalie January 13, 2014 at 9:50 AM  

I find Sweet Pea a bit too girly for me too, but it's perfect for my kikay little girl who loves scents. She gets giddy when I spray it on her whenever we go out. ^_^

Kittykat Miyaw January 18, 2014 at 8:35 PM  

I agree with you Sweet Pea is a bit too "sweet". I also have a set - body wash, lotion, hand wash, and the cologne, sadly I had to give it away, uh oh not for me, but sea island cotton is lurve!!!!