Friday, September 12, 2014

Basic Necessities

When we say "edit", it is not just limited to blog entries, emails to your boss, etc. Editing is also used in our daily choices. The products in your daily vanity routine qualifies for this concept too.

During one of my routine Watson's runs, I decided to refresh my supply of basic human needs makeup that I use daily in the office. Lately, I've at that phase where I keep it minimal but give more attention to my brows. After all, Jeremy Renner said it's the often-neglected part of a woman's face whenever she applies makeup.




I'm still in the process of looking for the perfect eyebrow powder. So far I'm happy with the Suesh eyebrow powder brush I purchased a few months back. I found out about Nichido's eyebrow powder through an officemate during one of those days when I decided to carry a smaller bag (AKA leaving half of my bedroom behind at home) and found out I didn't have any eyebrow powder/pencil with me.

Php238.00


Nichido's eyebrow powder comes in a face-powder sized compact.


Upon opening, it has a reasonably-sized mirror, two shades (Coffee & Black 01), a pair of tweezers and a brush.
Would you take  your Coffee Black? heh. geddit?







I'm happy with Nichido's face powder which I used when I attended the cosplay-themed wedding a few months ago. It does not look cakey. The compact is slim enough to fit in the teensiest of evening bags and won't take up too much space in your kikay kit/maleta/baul. Hence, my second compact came home with me.





Excuse the dirty sponge...
I also grabbed my second tube of L.A. Girl's Pro Concealer, which I also used on the wedding. In fairness, this is the first liquid type concealer that I didn't bitch out about after the first couple of uses.

You had served me well, Tube #1. Time to retire.
 I also had to get new supplies for my basic human needs. Stuff that should always be in my bag no matter what happens.

Baby wipes and alcohol which I transfer on a travel-size bottle.


The weather's getting cooler now. The Watson's brand lotion is on sale for Php99.

I also pack handsoap in a small bottle in my purse.

How about you? What do YOU consider as your "basic necessities"?


1 comments:

Neri Ann September 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM  

My basic necessity is moisturizer! I can't leave the house if I don't apply it! My iba pa bang color ung sa nichido eyebrow duo? Yung medyo light ng konti ung brown? How much un?

nhengswonderland.blogspot.com